Thursday 2 August 1984
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brandon Browner and Giampaolo Pazzini.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
The Philadelphia Experiment, directed by Stewart Raffill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Haj by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Lords of Midnight or Baltic 1985: Corridor To Berlin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1984!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 August 1984 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Rod Stewart - Infatuation
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Breakin'.. There's No Stoppin' Us - Ollie & Jerry
- Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?