Friday 3 August 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carah Faye Charnow and Sunil Chetri.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to When Doves Cry by Prince.
In UK Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, directed by W.D. Richter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meus Filhos, Minha Vida.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Montezuma's Revenge or Ducks Ahoy!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1984!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1984 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Carah Faye Charnow: American singer for the band Shiny Toy Guns.
- Sunil Chetri: Indian footballer.
- Yasin Avci: Danish footballer.
- Ryan Lochte: American swimmer.
- Yasin Avcı: Turkish footballer.
- Sunil Chhetri: Indian footballer
- Carah Charnow: American singer-songwriter (Shiny Toy Guns and Versant)
- Jon Foster: American actor and singer
- Matt Joyce: American baseball player
- Chris Maurer: American singer and bass player (Suburban Legends)
- 365.7 million shares traded in New York Stock Exchange
- Bomb attack on Madras India airport, 32 killed
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 August 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Rod Stewart - Infatuation
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Breakin'.. There's No Stoppin' Us - Ollie & Jerry
- Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?