Monday August 08, 2005
US date format: 8/8/2005, UK date format: 8/8/2005
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see zodiac on August 8, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to We Belong Together by Mariah Carey.
In UK You're Beautiful by James Blunt was in the top 5 hits.
Supercross, directed by Steve Boyum, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Lance Armstrong'S War by Daniel Coyle was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beautiful People.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 80 Days or Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 08, 2005?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- See more
- Banco Central robbery at Fortaleza: In Fortaleza, Ceará, Brazil, an estimated 156 million reais was discovered to be stolen over the weekend in one of the world's largest bank robberies. (Agencia Brasil), (BBC)
- Oil for food scandal: the UN-appointed panel released its third report. According to it, Benon Sevan took nearly $150,000 in cash bribes. A former UN procurement officer Alexander Yakovlev has pleaded guilty to accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes from UN contractors. (BBC)
- Same sex marriage debate: The top legislative body of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) is set to take key votes this week on ordaining gays and blessing same-sex unions. Conflicts over what the Bible says about homosexuality have been tearing at Protestant denominations for years. Cleveland Plain Dealer AP feed in Guardian UK
- Iran resumes its nuclear programme at its uranium facility near the city of Isfahan. (BBC) (Guardian)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 08, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Shakira Featuring Alejandro Sanz - La Tortura
- Luis Fonsi - Nada Es Para Siempre
- Daddy Yankee - Lo Que Paso, Paso
- Juanes - La Camisa Negra
- Baby Ranks, Daddy Yankee, Tonny Tun Tun, Wisin & Yandel & Hector - Mayor Que Yo
Sport Games on August 08, 2005
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Aachen : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Dijon - Clermont : 1 - 1
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Preston - Derby : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $58.65
- Apple AAPL: opens at $43.00
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $27.80
- General Electric GE: opens at $33.85
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $83.41
- 1 USD = 112.14 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.2145 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2611 CHF
- 1 EUR = 138.48 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6917 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on August 08, 2005?
On August 08, 2005 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is August 08, 2005?
On August 08, 2005 the zodiac sign was Leo.
Who was the US President on August 08, 2005?
On August 08, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on August 08, 2005?
On August 08, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on August 08, 2005?
On August 08, 2005 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on August 08, 2005?
Famous people died on August 08, 2005 include, Barbara Bel Geddes, Ahmed Deedat, Monica Sjoo.
What was the number one song in August 08, 2005?
The number one song in the week of August 08, 2005 was We Belong Together by Mariah Carey in US and You're Beautiful by James Blunt in UK.
What were the top hits on August 08, 2005?
The top hits on August 08, 2005 were We Belong Together by Mariah Carey, Pon de Replay by Rihanna, Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls in US and You're Beautiful by James Blunt, Bad Day by Daniel Powter, Ghetto Gospel by 2Pac featuring Elton John in UK.