Tuesday 16 August 2005
5115 days since 16/8/2005US date format: 8/16/2005, UK date format: 16/8/2005
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 16, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to We Belong Together by Mariah Carey.
In UK You're Beautiful by James Blunt was in the top 5 hits.
Serenity, directed by Joss Whedon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Blink by Malcolm Gladwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beautiful People.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Advance Wars: Dual Strike or Atomic Betty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 2005
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 2005!
Which were the important events of 16 August 2005 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 August
Sport Games on 16 August 2005
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Brest : 4 - 1
- Caen - Valenciennes : 0 - 2
- Dijon - Guingamp : 1 - 2
- Grenoble - Laval : 2 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - Accrington : 0 - 1
- Cambridge - Hereford : 2 - 1
- Canvey Island - Aldershot : 2 - 1
- Crawley Town - Dag and Red : 0 - 0
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2005?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
- The Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha
- Rihanna - Pon de Replay
- Bow Wow - Let Me Hold You
- Missy Elliott - Lose Control
- You And Me - Lifehouse
- Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
- D.H.T. - Listen To Your Heart
- Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
- Pimpin' All Over The World - Ludacris
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
- Let Me Hold You - Bow Wow Featuring Omarion
- Destiny's Child - Cater 2 U
- Fantasia - Free Yourself
- Lyfe Jennings - Must Be Nice
- Gold Digger - Kanye West Featuring Jamie Foxx
- Pimpin' All Over The World - Ludacris Featuring Bobby Valentino
- Bow Wow Featuring Ciara - Like You
- Teairra Mari - Make Her Feel Good
- Lose Control - Missy Elliott Featuring Ciara & Fat Man Scoop
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Tortura - Shakira Featuring Alejandro Sanz
- Nada Es Para Siempre - Luis Fonsi
- Daddy Yankee - Lo Que Paso, Paso
- Don Omar - Reggaeton Latino
- Juanes - La Camisa Negra
- Mayor Que Yo - Baby Ranks, Daddy Yankee, Tonny Tun Tun, Wisin & Yandel & Hector
- Wisin & Yandel - Rakata
- Eres Divina - Patrulla 81
- Ya Me Habian Dicho - Lupillo Rivera
- Viveme - Laura Pausini
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.81
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $68.82
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $51.79
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $24.25
- 1 AUD = 0.9648 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.922 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.2722 CHF
- 1 GBP = 2.169 CAD
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?