Saturday 8 June 2002
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 2002). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hattie Gotobed and Countess Eloise.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Foolish by Ashanti.
In UK Without Me by Eminem was in the top 5 hits.
Minority Report, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Shelters of Stone by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dog Eat Dog.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Austin Powers Pinball or Domo-Kun no Fushigi Terebi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 2002
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 2002!
Which were the important events of 8 June 2002 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
Famous Birthdays:08 June
- An annular solar eclipse occurs.
- The first direct electronic communication experiment between the nervous systems of 2 humans, is carried out by Kevin Warwick in the United Kingdom.
- Lennox Lewis knocks out Mike Tyson in an IBF and WBC championship boxing match in Memphis.
- Croatia beats Italy 2–1 at the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
- A federal forester ignites a massive wildfire that chars more than 100,000 acres () near Denver as she attempts to burn a letter from her estranged husband. Forestry technician Terry Barton, 38, acknowledges that she started the so-called Hayman fire while patrolling the Pike National Forest to enforce the campfire ban. Barton had earlier reported ampquotdiscoveringampquot a wildfire. See Hayman fire.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2002?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Oh Boy - Cam'Ron Featuring Juelz Santana
- Addictive - Truth Hurts Featuring Rakim
- Ashanti - Foolish
- I Need A Girl (Part One) - P. Diddy Featuring Usher & Loon
- Musiq - halfcrazy
- Usher - U Don't Have To Call
- Pass The Courvoisier Part II - Busta Rhymes Featuring P. Diddy & Pharrell
- Big Tymers - Still Fly
- Mary J. Blige Featuring Ja Rule - Rainy Dayz
- Down A** Chick - Ja Rule Featuring Charli "Chuck" Baltimore
Top #10 Latin songs
- Pilar Montenegro - Quitame Ese Hombre
- Y Tu Te Vas - Chayanne
- Thalia - Tu Y Yo
- Me Huele A Soledad - MDO
- Entra En Mi Vida - Sin Bandera
- El Poder De Tus Manos - Intocable
- Necesidad - Alexandre Pires
- Suerte [Whenever, Wherever] - Shakira
- Si Tu Te Vas [Don't Say Goodbye] - Paulina Rubio
- Usted Se Me Llevo La Vida - Alexandre Pires
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?