Saturday 8 June 2002
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Countess Eloise .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Foolish by Ashanti.
In UK One Step Closer by S Club Juniors was in the top 5 hits.
Scooby-Doo, directed by Raja Gosnell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while A Mind At A Time by Mel Levine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Studio A Entertainment.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alfred Hitchcock Presents: The Final Cut or Duke Nukem Advance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 2002!
Which were the important events of 8 June 2002 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Countess Eloise: Countess Eloise of Orange-Nassau van Amsberg.
- An annular solar eclipse occurs.
- The first direct electronic communication experiment between the nervous systems of 2 humans, is carried out by Kevin Warwick in the United Kingdom.
- Lennox Lewis knocks out Mike Tyson in an IBF and WBC championship boxing match in Memphis.
- Croatia beats Italy 2–1 at the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
- A federal forester ignites a massive wildfire that chars more than 100,000 acres () near Denver as she attempts to burn a letter from her estranged husband. Forestry technician Terry Barton, 38, acknowledges that she started the so-called Hayman fire while patrolling the Pike National Forest to enforce the campfire ban. Barton had earlier reported ampquotdiscoveringampquot a wildfire. See Hayman fire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?