Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened throughout history on June 8. From 1900 until now.
June 8 is under the sign of Gemini.
Famous birthdays on this day include Kanye West (1977), Joan Rivers (1933) and Andrea Casiraghi (1984).
Several movies were released around June 8 over the years, such as Ace in the Hole in 1951 directed by Billy Wilder and Punishment Park in 1971 directed by Peter Watkins.
But much more happened on June 8 over the years: find out below
Which were the most popular Movies released around June 8 over the years?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the important events of June 8?
- 2019 Syrian Civil War, Northwestern Syria offensive: Abdul Baset al-Sarout, a Jaysh al-Izza commander, the “singer of the revolution”, and former Syria national football team goalkeeper, dies from wounds sustained Thursday when he was struck by Syrian Army artillery. (BBC) (The Guardian)
- 2018 2018 Gaza border protests: On Quds Day – the last Friday of Ramadan – thousands of Palestinians protest near the Gaza border fence. Israeli troops fire live rounds and tear gas, killing four people and injuring over 600. (AP via CBS News)
- 2017 2017 North Korean missile tests: North Korea test fires several missiles, believed to be anti-ship weapons. The test comes immediately after South Korea suspends further deployment of the THAAD anti-missile system. (The New York Times)
- 2016 War in Afghanistan (2001–present): The Taliban kills 12 members of Afghanistan's security forces who were captured in recent ambushes in the Ghazni Province on June 3 and 5. (Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 8 over the years?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 2017 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber - Despacito
- 2016 Drake Featuring WizKid & Kyla - One Dance
- 2015 Taylor Swift Featuring Kendrick Lamar - Bad Blood
- 2014 Iggy Azalea Featuring Charli XCX - Fancy
- 2013 Macklemore - Can't Hold Us
- 2012 Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- 2011 Adele - Rolling In The Deep
- 2010 Usher - OMG
- 2009 The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- 2008 Lil Wayne - Lollipop
- See more
Which were the most popular books released around June 8 over the years?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
This day over the years in 30 sec.
For more videos please visit our official youtube channel