Saturday 8 May 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How the Universe Works.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 101 Shark Pets or And-Kensaku.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 May 2010 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 May
- 2010 Philippine general election
- Eligible voters in the United Kingdom general election, 2010 who are living in New Zealand are the latest to be disenfranchised as anger grows over the disfranchisement of citizens living in the UK who were queuing to vote as polls closed. (''The New Zealand Herald'')
- The value of the pound sterling drops to a 13-month low as a result of the election. (''Businessweek'')
- U.S. Senator Bob Bennett, Republican from Utah, is ousted from his party's primary ballot at the state's Republican convention, meaning he will not have a chance for a fourth term. (AP at Yahoo)
- Mudslides and floods have killed 16, and more than 40 are missing in some districts of the southern Khatlon region in Tajikistan. (ITAR)
- Icelandic volcanic disruption:
- Most flights between Europe and North America face delays today. (RTÉ)
- Transatlantic flights are forced to change routes and carry extra fuel in case of delay. (CBC)
- Spain closes 19 airports. (RTÉ)
- In Great Britain, at least 29 flights from London Stansted Airport to Spain/Portugal/Canary Islands, at least seven flights from London Gatwick Airport to Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid and Portugal, and at least one flight from London Heathrow Airport to La Coruña are cancelled. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Hundreds of people take part in a two-hour march, ampquotFor Equalityampquot, in Vilnius at Lithuania's first gay pride, with police shooting tear gas and arresting at least 12 people who threw stones and fireworks at marchers. (iafrica.com)
- Naxalite rebels blow up a bullet-proof vehicle of the Central Reserve Police Force in the Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, India, killing seven officers. (PTI)
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon discusses climate change with Bolivian president Evo Morales Ayma. (UN)
- Pope Benedict XVI accepts the resignation of Walter Mixa of Augsburg, a bishop who admitted physically abusing children after initially denying accusations. (''The Washington Post'')
- Former Venezuelan defence minister Raúl Baduel is sentenced to almost eight years in prison for corruption. (BBC)
- Italy's first divorce fair, Ex? Punto e a capo, opens in Milan. (''The Times of India'')
- London's Harrod's department store is sold to the Qatari royal family by Mohamed Al-Fayed who retires after 25 years as its chairman. (RTÉ)
- In mixed martial arts, Mauricio ampquotShogunampquot Rua wins the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship from fellow Brazilian Lyoto Machida at UFC 113 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. (Sherdog)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 May 2010
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Hannover : 0 - 3
- Freiburg - Dortmund : 3 - 1
- Hertha - Bayern Munich : 1 - 3
- Hoffenheim - Stuttgart : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Espanol - Osasuna : 2 - 1
- Getafe - Malaga : 2 - 1
- La Coruna - Mallorca : 1 - 0
- Real Madrid - Ath Bilbao : 5 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cartagena - Numancia : 2 - 1
- Celta - Girona : 2 - 1
- Real Union - Sociedad : 0 - 0
- Recreativo - Levante : 0 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Lens : 0 - 0
- Bordeaux - Sochaux : 2 - 0
- Grenoble - Boulogne : 2 - 0
- Le Mans - Paris SG : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?