Sunday 8 November 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chi Chi LaRue and Rebecca Knapp.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
Shadows, directed by John Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ape In Me by Cornelia Otis Skinner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fractured Fairy Tales.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1959 ?
- Chi Chi LaRue: American pornographic producer.
- Rebecca Knapp: American physician, the non-identical twin of author Caroline Knapp.
- Caroline Knapp: American writer, the author of "Drinking, A Love Story," published by Dial Press May 1996 and on the best-seller list two months later, her personal story about years of being a closet alcoholic.
- Miroslav Janů: Czech footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Chi LaRue: American drag queen performer and director.
- Frank Sherman Land: American Freemason (Born 1890).
- KJTV (now KGET) TV channel 17 in Bakersfield, CA (NBC) 1st broadcast
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?