Sunday 22 November 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Frierson and Frank McAvennie.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mr. Blue by The Fleetwoods.
In UK Travellin' Light by Cliff Richard & The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Ben-Hur, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Breaking Point by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky and His Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1959 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Eddie Frierson: American voice actor and stage actor.
- Frank McAvennie: Scottish footballer.
- Fabio Parra: Colombian cyclist.
- Lenore Zann: Australian-Canadian actress singer and politician.
- Boston Patriots enter the AFL.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?