Friday 27 November 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 27, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Burchill and Mary Minnick.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Travellin' Light by Cliff Richard & The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Li'l Abner, directed by Melvin Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while John Paul Jones by Samuel Eliot Morison was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Showtime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 November 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 1959!
Which were the important events of 27 November 1959 ?
- Charlie Burchill: British rock musician, guitarist, violinist and saxophonist with the group Simple Minds.
- Mary Minnick: American businesswoman, President of marketing, strategy and innovation at Coca Cola Company.
- Viktoria Mullova: Russian violinist.
- Gerard Philipe: Actor / director (La Ronde, Gambler), dies of cancer at 36.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Wink Martindale - Deck Of Cards
- Ernie Fields - In The Mood
- Jerry Wallace - Primrose Lane
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
Top #10 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?