Tuesday 8 December 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Vettier and Paul Rutherford.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Suddenly, Last Summer, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Groucho And Me by Groucho Marx was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Showtime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1959 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Jacques Vettier
- Paul Rutherford: British rock musician, a singer with the group "Frankie Goes to Hollywood," popular in the London gay scene.
- Marc Fiorentino: French business leader, specializing in financial markets and investment banking, and essayist.
- Stephen Jefferies: South African cricketer and coach.
- Mark Dickson in Tampa: Florida, USA; tennis star.
- Mark Steyn: Canadian-American author and critic.
- Marty Raybon in Sanford: Florida, USA; singer (Shenandoah - "Sunday in the South").
- Fher Olvera: Guitarist.
- Dom Mintoff demands independence for Malta.
- The Mona, a lifeboat based at Broughty Ferry in Scotland, capsizes during a rescue attempt, with the loss of 8 lives.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spacemen - The Clouds
- Brook Benton - So Many Ways
- Jackie Wilson - Talk That Talk
- The Drifters - Dance With Me
- Fats Domino - Be My Guest
- Lloyd Price and His Orchestra - Come Into My Heart
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Della Reese - Don't You Know
- Sammy Turner - Always
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?