Tuesday 9 December 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bixente Lizarazu and Jakob Dylan.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Cactus Flower, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Junger Herr auf altem Hof.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 December 1969 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Bixente Lizarazu: French TV presenter, formerly one of the most successfull football players (defender) in the world: won 1998 FIFA World Cup, 2000 European Championship, and UEFA league with Bayern Munich.
- Jakob Dylan: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Wallflowers).
- Sebastian Spence: Canadian actor.
- Christophe Impens: Belgian record holder in Field and Track events who took 17th place in the 1500 m. at the Atlanta Olympics 1996.
- Boris Boillon
- Lori Greiner: Entrepreneur.
- Raphaël Rouquier: French mathematician and academic.
- Allison Smith: American actress and singer.
- Allison Smith in Bronx: New York, USA; actress (Jennie - Cagney and Lacey, Kate and Allie).
- Ramon Garcia in Guanare: Venezuela; pitcher (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Jakob Dylan in New York City: New York, USA; singer/guitarist/Bob Dylan's son (The Wallflowers - "One Headlight").
- Greg[ory] Klingsporn in Morristown: New Jersey, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Saskia Garel: Jamaican-Canadian singer-songwriter and actress (Love and Sas).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Mel And Tim - Backfield In Motion
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?