What Happened on December 25, 1969, ChristmasUS date format: 12/25/1969, UK date format: 25/12/1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1969). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Prince Bernhard of Orange-Nassau van Vollenhoven and Mark Millar.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Someday We'll Be Together by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, directed by Robert Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while In This House Of Brede by Rumer Godden was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Look, Stranger.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1969
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1969 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Prince Bernhard of Orange-Nassau van Vollenhoven
- Mark Millar: Writer.
- Jonathan Zittrain: Educator.
- Ed Miliband: Politician.
- Nick Love: Director.
- Bernhard: Dutch royalty, one of four sons of Princess Margriets and Prince van Vollenhoven.
- Frederick Onyancha: Kenyan runner.
- Bernhard Jr: Prince of the Netherlands.
- 5 Israeli gunboats escape from Cherbourg harbor
- India all out for 163 at Madras versus Australia, Ashley Mallett 5-91.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- The Beatles - Come Together
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
Top #10 R&B songs
- Diana Ross & The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- James Brown - Ain't It Funky Now (Part 1)
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - These Eyes
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Friendship Train
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - What You Gave Me
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Aretha Franklin - Eleanor Rigby
- Nina Simone - To Be Young, Gifted And Black
- Mel And Tim - Backfield In Motion
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Rolf Harris - Two Little Boys
- Archies - Sugar Sugar
- Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Yester-Me Yester-You Yesterday - Stevie Wonder
- Blue Mink - Melting Pot
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?