Sunday 28 December 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1969). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Linus Torvalds and Sarah Vowell.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Someday We'll Be Together by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, directed by Robert Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Look, Stranger.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1969
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1969 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Linus Torvalds: Finnish-American computer programmer developed Linux kernel.
- Sarah Vowell: Author.
- James Trapp: NFL cornerback (Oakland Raiders).
- Lines Torwald: Finnish inventor, credited with the creation of Linux.
- Henry Oscar: Actor (Saint in London), dies at 78.
- Dallas Cowboys' kicker Mike Clark, attempting an on-side kick against Cleveland Browns, misses the ball.
- Neil Simon's Last of the Red Hot Lovers premieres in New York City, New York.
- The Young Lords took over the First Spanish Methodist Church in East Harlem.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 December 1969
- Cleveland Browns - Dallas Cowboys : 38 - 14
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- The Beatles - Come Together
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
Top #10 R&B songs
- Diana Ross & The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- James Brown - Ain't It Funky Now (Part 1)
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - These Eyes
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Friendship Train
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - What You Gave Me
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Aretha Franklin - Eleanor Rigby
- Nina Simone - To Be Young, Gifted And Black
- Mel And Tim - Backfield In Motion
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?