Wednesday 24 December 1969, Christmas Eve
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenny "Damn" Kelly in Paterson and Miliband .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Someday We'll Be Together by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
The Punch Bowl, directed by Helmut Weiss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Mary Queen Of Scots by Antonia Fraser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Karadjoz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1969 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Kenny "Damn" Kelly in Paterson: New Jersey, USA; rapper (Riff - "Judy had a Boyfriend").
- Miliband : British politician.
- Ed Miliband: leader of the Labour Party.
- Brad Anderson: American professional wrestler.
- Milan Blagojevic: Australian footballer and manager.
- Pernille Christensen: Danish director and screenwriter
- Leavander Johnson: American boxer (d. 2005)
- Nick Love: English director and screenwriter
- Miyuki Matsushita: Japanese voice actress
- Clinton McKinnon: American saxophonist and keyboard player (Mr. Bungle and Secret Chiefs 3)
- Sean Michael: South African actor and singer
- Mark Millar: Scottish comic book writer
- Luis Musrri: Chilean footballer and manager
- Mariko Shiga: Japanese voice actress and singer (d. 1989)
- Oleg Skripochka: Russian astronaut and engineer
- Gintaras Staučė: Lithuanian footballer and manager
- Chen Yueling: American race walker
- Jonathan Zittrain: American scholar and academic
- Michael Zucchet: American economist and politician Mayor of San Diego
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- The Beatles - Come Together
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?