Sunday 9 January 2005
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Let Me Love You by Mario.
In UK Against All Odds by Steve Brookstein was in the top 5 hits.
Brick, directed by Rian Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while His Excellency by Joseph J. Ellis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Battlestar Galactica.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dinosaur King or MX vs. ATV.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 2005 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 January
- Gonzalo Gavira: Mexican film sound technician (Born 1925).
- Elections are held to replace Yasser Arafat as head of the Palestine Liberation Organization. He is succeeded by Rawhi Fattouh.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 January 2005
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Chievo : 3 - 1
- Fiorentina - Lazio : 2 - 3
- Inter - Sampdoria : 3 - 2
- Juventus - Livorno : 4 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Real Madrid : 0 - 3
- Espanol - Osasuna : 4 - 1
- Mallorca - La Coruna : 2 - 2
- Santander - Malaga : 2 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alaves - Gimnastic : 1 - 1
- Cadiz - Pontevedra : 4 - 0
- Celta - Xerez : 2 - 1
- Murcia - Eibar : 1 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- AEK - Panathinaikos : 1 - 0
- Iraklis - Aris : 0 - 0
- Kerkyra - Ergotelis : 0 - 1
- OFI - Ionikos : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?