Thursday 9 July 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dani Behr and Steve Dubinsky.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Mama Told Me (Not To Come) by Three Dog Night.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Catch-22, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Great Lion Of God by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ace of Wands.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1970!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 July 1970 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Dani Behr: English model and TV presenter.
- Steve Dubinsky: Montreal, Quebec -- NHL center (Chicago Blackhawks).
- Trent Green: American football player and sportscaster.
- Masami Tsuda: Japanese author and illustrator.
- In Atlanta, Chief-No-ka-homa is joined by cousin Chief Round-the-Horn
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- Elvis Presley - The Wonder Of You
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?