Monday 20 July 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dean Wells and Shannon Baker.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (They Long To Be) Close To You by Carpenters.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Great Lion Of God by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ace of Wands.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1970 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Dean Wells: NFL linebacker (Seattle Seahawks).
- Shannon Baker: CFL receiver (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Tom Sherrer: Syracuse, New York -- Nike golfer (1994 NIKE Cleveland Open-2nd).
- Agot Isidro: Filipina actress.
- Iain Macleod: English politician (Born 1913).
- Dodgers Bill Singer no-hits the Phillies 5-0, giving up no walks
- First baby born on Alcatraz Island, California, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 July 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Bread - Make It With You
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?