Sunday 9 August 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stacy Valentine and Pat Mahomes.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (They Long To Be) Close To You by Carpenters.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Soldier Blue, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Human Sexual Inadequacy by William H. Masters and Virginia E. Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ljubav na seoski nacin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1970!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 August 1970 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Stacy Valentine: American porno star whose life was documented in the film "The Girl Next Door," an intimate and humanizing look into the rise to fame of an adult film superstar.
- Pat Mahomes: American pro baseball pitcher who was selected by the Minnesota Twins, right out of high school, 6/01/1988.
- Rod Brind'Amour: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Chris Cuomo: American lawyer and journalist.
- Chris Gedney: NFL tight end (Chicago Bears, Arizona Cardinals).
- Arion Salazar: American bassist (Third Eye Blind).
- Thomas Lennon: American actor, comedian, screenwriter, producer and director best known as a cast member on MTV's "The State" and for his role as Lieutenant Jim Dangle on the Comedy Central series "Reno 911!.
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Lady Carling Golf Open
- Peruvian Airlines jet carrying 45 US exchange students explodes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Bread - Make It With You
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- Alive and Kicking - Tighter, Tighter
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?