Tuesday 9 March 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benito Santiago in Ponce and Brian Bosworth.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Eight Days A Week by The Beatles.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Major Dundee, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dim Dam Dom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1965 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Benito Santiago in Ponce: Puerto Rico; catcher (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Brian Bosworth: American football player and actor.
- Benito Santiago: Puerto Rican baseball player.
- The US Treasury Department begins sales of Special Mint sets, at US$4 per set. Collectors can buy in lots of 1, 2, 5, or 10.
- The second attempt to march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama, under the leadership of Martin Luther King, Jr., stops at the bridge that was the site of Bloody Sunday, to hold a prayer service and return to Selma, in obedience to a court restraining order. White supremacists beat up white Unitarian Universalist minister James J. Reeb later that day in Selma.
- Goldie, a London Zoo golden eagle, is recaptured 12 days after her escape.
- Engagement announced between Princess Margriet of the Netherlands and Pieter van Vollenhoven, who will become the first commoner and the first Dutchman to marry into the Dutch Royal Family.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 March 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Temptations - My Girl
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Hurt So Bad
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?