Friday May 09, 2003
US date format: 5/9/2003, UK date format: 9/5/2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 9, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Get Busy by Sean Paul.
In UK Ignition Remix by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
Dogville, directed by Lars von Trier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Death Of Right And Wrong by Tammy Bruce was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Astro Boy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing or Charinko Hero.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 09, 2003?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- See more
- As many as 129 are feared dead after a door opens on a plane flying from Kinshasa to Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo. The victims were sucked from the plane, which returned to Kinshasa after the incident. Although the airline to which the plane belongs to is unknown, the plane involved in the tragedy has a logo of Ukrainian Cargo Airlines.
- The United States Senate Armed Services Committee votes to lift a 10-year-old ban on the research and development of low-yield nuclear weapons as part of its 2004 defense-spending bill. The majority of the committee and the Bush administration argue that such weapons may in the future become necessary to deal with terrorist threats, and to effectively incinerate biological or chemical weapons installations. The move is criticized by Democrats who fear that it will increase the risks of nuclear
- The National Association of Evangelicals, a group of evangelical Christians, condemns Franklin Graham, Jerry Falwell, Jerry Vines, Pat Robertson and other evangelical ministers for anti-Islamic statements.
- The United States House of Representatives approves a tax-cut measure for more than the Senate's version of the same measure. One highly controversial aspect of the President's initial proposal that the House removed is the repeal of the tax on dividends paid by corporations to shareholders. There are also important differences between the House and Senate bills, and great difficulty is foreseen in reconciling them before they may be sent to the President for approval.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 09, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- 50 Cent Featuring Nate Dogg - 21 Questions
- Sean Paul - Get Busy
- Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey Featuring The Flipmode Squad - I Know What You Want
- Snoop Dogg Featuring Pharrell & Uncle Charlie Wilson - Beautiful
- Fabolous Featuring Mike Shorey & Lil' Mo - Can't Let You Go
- JAY-Z - Excuse Me Miss
- Nas - I Can
- 50 Cent - In Da Club
- Tyrese - How You Gonna Act Like That
- Jaheim - Put That Woman First
Sport Games on May 09, 2003
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Reutlingen : 2 - 0
- Ein Frankfurt - Mannheim : 4 - 1
- Lubeck - Union Berlin : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Metz - Grenoble : 1 - 0
- Toulouse - Gueugnon : 0 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Bari - Catania : 2 - 1
- Heerenveen - Groningen : 2 - 1
- Roda JC - Roosendaal : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 09If May 09, 2003 is your birthday you're 17 years, 3 months, 4 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 26 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in May 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $35.33
- Apple AAPL: opens at $18.33
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.90
- General Electric GE: opens at $28.60
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $86.90
- 1 USD = 117.26 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3922 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3131 CHF
- 1 EUR = 134.7 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.7161 GBP