Sunday 11 May 2003
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Get Busy by Sean Paul.
In UK Ignition Remix by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
Mystic River, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Birthright by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Astro Boy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Zuma or Dancing Stage MegaMix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 2003
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 2003!
Which were the important events of 11 May 2003 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 May
- Noel Redding: Bass guitarist and songwriter who was recruited to play in the Jimi Hendrix Experience in 1966 and left in 1969 a year before Hendrix's death.
- Benvenuto Cellini's ''Saliera'' is stolen from the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna.
- A suicide truck-bomb attack kills at least 60 at a government compound in northern Chechnya.
- In Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 26 people are killed in the Riyadh Compound Bombings.
- Ponds on the north side of Catoctin Mountain, near Gambrill Park Road and Tower Road in Frederick, Maryland, are under investigation by the FBI, in connection with the 2001 anthrax attacks. FBI investigators found anthrax spores and other evidence in their search of ponds in the area during December and January 2002. Divers retrieved a ampquotclear boxampquot with holes that could accommodate protective biological safety gloves, as well as vials wrapped in plastic from a pond in the Frederick
- A number of newspapers have published the alleged identity of the British Force Research Unit's most senior informer within the Provisional IRA, code-named Stakeknife, who is thought to have been head of the Provisional IRA's internal security force, charged with routing out informers like himself. The person named has fled.
- The Governor-General of Australia Peter Hollingworth has stood down from his post while investigations into his past are proceeding. Tasmanian Governor Sir Guy Green is appointed as Commonwealth Administrator.
- Filip Vujanovic, a former Prime Minister who favors independence, was elected President of Montenegro. This was the third attempt at electing a President in five months the first two votes did not attract enough voters to make the vote valid. This time the legislature had eliminated the turnout requirement.
- Voters in Lithuania vote to join the European Union.
- Manchester City FC close the curtains, at their stadium, Maine Road after 80 years.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 May 2003
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Beveren - Mouscron : 3 - 0
- Germinal - Bergen : 4 - 0
- Lokeren - Club Brugge : 2 - 5
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Bochum : 1 - 3
- Schalke 04 - Hannover : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Oberhausen : 2 - 0
- Burghausen - Freiburg : 1 - 2
- Ein Trier - Braunschweig : 0 - 1
- Karlsruhe - St Pauli : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Celta - Santander : 2 - 2
- Mallorca - Sociedad : 1 - 3
- Sevilla - Barcelona : 0 - 0
- Valencia - Villarreal : 1 - 2
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- 21 Questions - 50 Cent Featuring Nate Dogg
- Sean Paul - Get Busy
- I Know What You Want - Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey Featuring The Flipmode Squad
- Beautiful - Snoop Dogg Featuring Pharrell & Uncle Charlie Wilson
- Can't Let You Go - Fabolous Featuring Mike Shorey & Lil' Mo
- JAY-Z - Excuse Me Miss
- Nas - I Can
- 50 Cent - In Da Club
- Tyrese - How You Gonna Act Like That
- Jaheim - Put That Woman First
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tal Vez - Ricky Martin
- Amame - Alexandre Pires
- Una Vez Mas - Conjunto Primavera
- Alucinado - Tiziano Ferro
- Clavame Tu Amor - Noelia
- Entre El Delirio Y La Locura - Jennifer Pena
- Para Que La Vida - Enrique Iglesias
- De Uno Y De Todos Los Modos - Palomo
- Mariposa Traicionera - Mana
- Muy A Tu Manera - Intocable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?