Saturday 11 January 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Meindert Leerling and Linda Lawson in Ann Arbor.
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1936 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Meindert Leerling: Dutch TV director/Member of Parliament (RPF).
- Linda Lawson in Ann Arbor: Michigan, USA; actress (Don't Call Me Charlie).
- Oriol Regas: Catalan businessman and cultural Promoter, brother of the writer Rosa Regàs.
- Charles Anderson enters Kentucky House of Representatives
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?