Monday September 9, 1985US date format: 9/9/1985, UK date format: 9/9/1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 9, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include J R Smith and Luka Modric.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) by John Parr.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Faasle, directed by Yash Chopra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Hunt For Red October by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Equalizer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Benny Hill's Madcap Chase or Nightshade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1985 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- J R Smith: American basketball player.
- Luka Modric: Croatian footballer.
- Smith: Basketball Player.
- Yung Berg: American rapper.
- Martin Johnson: American singer-songwriter guitarist and...
- President Reagan orders sanctions against South Africa
- Race riot in Birmingham England
- US President Ronald Reagan issues Executive Order 12532, effective October 11, placing trade and other sanctions against South Africa because of its apartheid policies, and directing Treasury to study the issuance of American gold bullion coins.
Sport Games on 9 September 1985
- Washington Redskins - Dallas Cowboys : 14 - 44
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Wham! - Freedom
- Prince - Pop Life
- Pat Benatar - Invincible
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)
- Freddie Jackson - You Are My Lady
- Boogie Boys - Fly Girl
- 9.9 - All Of Me For All Of You
- Prince And The Revolution - Pop Life
- The Pointer Sisters - Dare Me
- Billy Ocean - Mystery Lady
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?