Monday 9 September 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yung Berg and Luka Modric.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) by John Parr.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
After Hours, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Hold The Dream by Barbara Taylor Bradford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes Comedy Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 4-D Warriors or Bounces.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1985 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Yung Berg: American rapper.
- Luka Modric: Croatian footballer.
- J R Smith: American basketball player.
- Luka Modrić: Soccer Player.
- Smith: Basketball Player.
- Brandon Ashur: YouTube Star
- Martin Johnson: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Boys Like Girls)
- President Reagan orders sanctions against South Africa
- Race riot in Birmingham England
- US President Ronald Reagan issues Executive Order 12532, effective October 11, placing trade and other sanctions against South Africa because of its apartheid policies, and directing Treasury to study the issuance of American gold bullion coins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Wham! - Freedom
- Prince - Pop Life
- Pat Benatar - Invincible
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 September 1985
- Washington Redskins - Dallas Cowboys : 14 - 44
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?