Sunday September 15, 1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kayden Kross and Iselin Steiro.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) by John Parr.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Faasle, directed by Yash Chopra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Grasshopper Trap by Patrick F. McManus was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Equalizer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boffin or NFL Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1985 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Kayden Kross
- Iselin Steiro
- Dilshad Vadsaria: Actress.
- Alex Clare: Musician.
- Francois-Olivier Roberge: Canadian speed skater.
- François-Olivier Roberge: Canadian speed skater.
- Cootie Williams: American jazz trumpeter (Born 1910).
- Joanne Carner wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
- Olof Palme forms Sweden minority government
- Senate judiciary committee begins Robert Bork confirmation hearings
- Yanks trade Jim Deshaies to Astros for 40-year-old Joe Niekro
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 September 1985
- Atlanta Falcons - San Francisco 49ers : 16 - 35
- Buffalo Bills - New York Jets : 3 - 42
- Cincinnati Bengals - St. Louis Cardinals : 27 - 41
- Dallas Cowboys - Detroit Lions : 21 - 26
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Wham! - Freedom
- Prince - Pop Life
- Pat Benatar - Invincible
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)
- Freddie Jackson - You Are My Lady
- Boogie Boys - Fly Girl
- 9.9 - All Of Me For All Of You
- Prince And The Revolution - Pop Life
- The Pointer Sisters - Dare Me
- Billy Ocean - Mystery Lady
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?