Monday 10 February 1992
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Ferrand-Prévot and Jordan Maron.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred.
In UK Stay by Shakespear's Sister was in the top 5 hits.
Wayne's World, directed by Penelope Spheeris, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Fugitive Nights by Joseph Wambaugh was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventure Island 3 or Darklands.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1992!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1992 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Pauline Ferrand-Prévot: French road, cyclo-cross and cross country mountain biking racer, she won the gold medal at the 2014 World championship (road race), 19 years after Jeannie Longo, 24 years after Cathy Marsal, and 40 years after Geneviève Gambillon.
- Jordan Maron: YouTube Star.
- Misha Bryan: Rapper.
- Misha B: English rapper.
- Reinhold Yabo: German footballer.
- Florence Tarlow: Dies of cancer at 70.
- Thomas Graftdijk: Dutch writer (Dr Faustus).
- Wim Ramaker: Dutch director / writer (On Death Track).
- Mau Kopuit: Dutch editor-in-chief (New Israeli Weekly Newspaper), dies.
- Alex Haley: American writer, a journalist and novelist who shot to worldwide fame as the author of the Pulitzer Prize winning book, "Roots" in 1976.
- Meade Roberts: American playwright and screenwriter who worked closely with Tennessee Williams. Roberts successfully adapted Williams’s "The Fugitive Kind," 1960, and "Summer and Smoke," 1961, to the screen. During the mid-1970s, he occasionally worked as a character actor on both the stage and in film.
- Dangerous Women final episode on WWOR-TV
- Mike Tyson convicted of raping Desiree Washington in Indiana
- Bonnie Blair wins 1992 Olympics first gold medal for the USA.
- Boxer Mike Tyson, the former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, is found guilty of raping 18-year-old Desiree Washington, Miss Black Rhode Island, by a jury in Indianapolis. On March 26, he was sentenced to six years in prison.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
- Shanice - I Love Your Smile
- Prince - Diamonds And Pearls
- George Michael - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Mr. Big - To Be With You
- Color Me Badd - All 4 Love
- Tevin Campbell - Tell Me What You Want Me To Do
- Michael Jackson - Remember The Time
- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?