Saturday 22 February 1992
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Merkel .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred.
In UK Stay by Shakespear's Sister was in the top 5 hits.
Wayne's World, directed by Penelope Spheeris, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mulberry.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse or Creatures II: Torture Trouble.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1992!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1992 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Alexander Merkel: Kazakhstani-German footballer.
- Richard Sheldon: Dies at 59.
- Park Your Car in Harvard Yard closes at Music Box, New York City
- Ed McMahon, 69, weds Pamela Hurn, 37
- Rockers Kurt Corbin (Nirvana) and Courtney Love (Hole), wed
- Lisa Walters wins LPGA Itoki Hawaiian Ladies Open Golf Tournament.
- Barry Diller resigns as CEO of Fox.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
- Mr. Big - To Be With You
- Shanice - I Love Your Smile
- Prince - Diamonds And Pearls
- Michael Jackson - Remember The Time
- George Michael - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Tevin Campbell - Tell Me What You Want Me To Do
- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Color Me Badd - All 4 Love
- Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?