Tuesday 10 May 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 10, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Digimon Fusion or Bag It!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 May 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 2011!
Which were the important events of 10 May 2011 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 May
- Michael Baze: American horse racing jockey (Born 1987).
- Laos announces the results of elections to its one-party parliament. (Reuters)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The European Union imposes sanctions on 13 Syrian officials in response to a violent crackdown on protests in the country. (Al Jazeera)
- The Syrian Army releases 300 people in the city of Banias. (Reuters)
- Opposition forces in Libya make gains amid NATO bombing, reportedly operating out of the capital Tripoli. (DPA via MC)
- More than 80 people are killed after rebels attack a cattle camp in South Sudan. (Reuters)
- CNN reports that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) will show the photos of the dead body of Osama bin Laden to members of the United States Congress military and intelligence committees. (''USA Today'')
- Four United Nations peacekeepers are shot while on patrol in the disputed Abyei district of Sudan. (United Nations)
- Former Governor of California and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger and journalist Maria Shriver announce their separation after 25 years of marriage. (''Washington Post'')
- The Middleton family make a complaint to the Press Complaints Commission after pictures of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and her sister Pippa Middleton in beachwear appear in four newspapers. (BBC)
- The Victorian iron gates of a children's home which inspired John Lennon to write the Beatles hit ''Strawberry Fields Forever'' have been removed by the property's owners and placed in storage. (BBC)
- Immigration papers documenting Albert Einstein's 1933 escape from Nazi Germany and his arrival at Dover, England, are to go on display for the first time, at Liverpool's Merseyside Maritime Museum. (BBC)
- The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) votes to approve openly gay and lesbian people in same sex relationships to be ordained. (''New York Times'')
- Ivory Coast resumes exports of cocoa after a political crisis and brief civil war. (AFP via Google News)
- Wayne Swan, the Treasurer of Australia, will deliver his fourth budget. (''The Australian'')
- Google launches Google Music, an application that will enable users to upload their music libraries to company servers. (CNet)
- Microsoft announces that it is purchasing Internet phone service Skype for US$8.5 billion. (All Things Digital)
- Chineseexports for April reach a record level, attaining a total monthly value of US$155.69 billion. (''New York Times'')
- Tropical Storm Bebeng kills at least 20 people in the Philippines. (''The Philippine Star'')
- 2011 Mississippi River floods:
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 10 May 2011
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- La Coruna - Ath Bilbao : 2 - 1
- Malaga - Sp Gijon : 2 - 0
- Real Madrid - Getafe : 4 - 0
- Santander - Ath Madrid : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Clermont : 1 - 0
- Chateauroux - Angers : 1 - 2
- Grenoble - Boulogne : 2 - 2
- Metz - Le Havre : 2 - 0
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Paris SG - Nancy : 2 - 2
- St Etienne - Lille : 1 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Aberdeen - St Mirren : 0 - 1
- Man City - Tottenham : 1 - 0
- Rangers - Dundee United : 2 - 0
- St Johnstone - Hamilton : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Contestame El Telefono - Alexis & Fido Featuring Flex
- Tonight (I'm Lovin' You) - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Ludacris & DJ Frank E
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Though not “a great flier,” Margery Mayer says conversations with seatmates can turn a routine business trip into a memorable experience. [..]
Ann Curry, who has read the news on NBC’s “Today” show for 15 years, will succeed Meredith Vieira as a co-host of television’s dominant morning show. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.27
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $102.82
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $89.81
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.08
- 1 CHF = 7.3787 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7819 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9186 CHF
- 1 AUD = 7.04 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?