Friday 10 November 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Anne Becker and Dick Kooijman.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
In UK Clair by Gilbert O'Sullivan was in the top 5 hits.
The Mechanic, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Aunty Jack Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Empire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1972!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1972 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Carol Anne Becker: Miss Universe - South Africa (1996).
- Dick Kooijman: Dutch soccer player (Heracles, FC Groningen, Az).
- Virag Csurgo: Siofok, Hungary -- Tennis star (1993 Futures-Freeport).
- DJ Ashba: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Guns N' Roses Sixx:A.
- Isaac Bruce: NFL wide receiver (St. Louis Rams).
- Lou Brutus: American singer-songwriter radio host and photographer
- Virág Csurgó: Hungarian tennis player
- Shawn Green: Des Plaines, Illinois -- Outfielder (Toronto Blue Jays)
- Greg LaRocca: American baseball player
- Southern Airways Flight 49 from Birmingham, Alabama is hijacked and, at one point, is threatened with crashing into the nuclear installation at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. After two days, the plane lands in Havana, Cuba, where the hijackers are jailed by Fidel Castro.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Lobo - I'd Love You To Want Me
- Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)
- The Spinners - I'll Be Around
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Delegates - Convention 72
- Eagles - Witchy Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?