Tuesday 10 November 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ryback and Tony Blanco.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Private Eyes by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Venom, directed by Piers Haggard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cosmos by Carl Sagan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Darkroom.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Stone Sling (Europe) Smithereens! (US) or Spacechase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 November 1981
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1981!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1981 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Ryback : Wrestler.
- Tony Blanco: Dominican baseball player.
- Jason Dunham: American soldier Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2004).
- Ezequiel Garré: Argentinian footballer.
- Jason L Dunham: American Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2004).
- Miroslav Slepička: Czech footballer.
- Brett Tamburrino: Australian baseball player.
- Marko Tomasović: Croatian boxer.
- Paul Koech: Kenyan runner.
- Abel Gance: French film director and producer, writer and actor.
- Oh, Brother! opens at ANTA Theater NYC for 3 performances
- Walt Disney Productions and Westinghouse Broadcasting announce an agreement to produce a family-oriented cable television service.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Bob Seger - Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
- Little River Band - The Night Owls
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Rick Springfield - I've Done Everything For You
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Mike Post - The Theme From Hill Street Blues
Top #10 R&B songs
- Roger - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Kool & The Gang - Take My Heart (You Can Have It If You Want It)
- Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
- Prince - Controversy
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- The Time - Get It Up
- Four Tops - When She Was My Girl
- Diana Ross & Lionel Richie - Endless Love
- Slave - Snap Shot
- Commodores - Oh No
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?