Tuesday 17 November 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Harding and Bojana Novakovic.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Ragtime, directed by Milos Forman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while From Bauhaus To Our House by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It Takes a Worried Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing My First Alphabet or President Elect.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1981!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 November 1981 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Sarah Harding: Pop Singer.
- Bojana Novakovic
- Shannan Click
- Kyle Massey: Stage Actor.
- Doug Walker: YouTube Star.
- Bob Eberly: Mechanicsville, New York -- Singer (Jimmy Dorsey Band).
- 1st opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 37 performances
- NBA New York Knicks' Bill Cartwright ties record of 19 of 19 free throws.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Bob Seger - Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
- Little River Band - The Night Owls
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Mike Post - The Theme From Hill Street Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?