Sunday 11 January 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jamelia (singer) and Tom Meighan.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Scanners, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hill Street Blues.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apple Panic or Colony 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1981!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 January 1981 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
Famous Birthdays:11 January
- Beulah Bondi: American actress (Born 1888).
- Tintypes closes at John Golden Theater NYC after 93 performances
- British team led by Ranulph Fiennes completes longest and fastest crossing of Antarctica, reaching Scott base after 75 days (2,500 miles).
- Palau adopts constitution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 January 1981
- Dallas Cowboys - Philadelphia Eagles : 7 - 20
- Oakland Raiders - San Diego Chargers : 34 - 27
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?