Sunday January 18, 1981
US date format: 1/18/1981, UK date format: 18/1/1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 18, 1981). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Dong-Won Kang and Antje Traue.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK Imagine by John Lennon was in the top 5 hits.
Foul Play, directed by Colin Higgins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Stories Of Ray Bradbury by Ray Bradbury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rosa... de lejos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Venture or Loco-Motion.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 18, 1981?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Wendy O Williams arrested in Milwaukee for on-stage obscenity
- Iran accepts US offer of US$7.9 billion in frozen assets for the release of hostages.
- Phil Smith and Phil Mayfield parachute off a Houston skyscraper, becoming the first two people to BASE jump from objects in all four categories: buildings, antennae, spans (bridges), and earth (cliffs).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 18, 1981?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 18If January 18, 1981 is your birthday you're 39 years, 8 months, 4 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 27 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?