Monday January 11, 1999
US date format: 1/11/1999, UK date format: 11/1/1999
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 11, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sigh Mike and CJ Valleroy.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Have You Ever? by Brandy.
In UK Heartbeat / Tragedy by Steps was in the top 5 hits.
Cookie's Fortune, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while The Ten Commandments by Laura Schlessinger and Stewart Vogel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Sopranos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disney's Story Studio: Mulan or Armada.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 11, 1999?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- See more
- Bülent Ecevit, of DSP forms the new government of Turkey (56th government, an interim government)
- Naomi Mitchison: Scottish science fiction and fantasy...
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 11, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deborah Cox - Nobody's Supposed To Be Here
- Brandy - Have You Ever?
- Faith Evans - Love Like This
- Total Featuring Missy Elliott - Trippin'
- Dru Hill - These Are The Times
- Jay-Z Featuring Amil (Of Major Coinz) & Ja - Can I Get A...
- Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
- Divine - Lately
- R. Kelly - When A Woman's Fed Up
- JAY-Z - Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1999?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $72.75
- Apple AAPL: opens at $45.75
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $150.88
- General Electric GE: opens at $101.00
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $189.00