Friday 11 January 2002
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to How You Remind Me by Nickelback.
In UK Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield was in the top 5 hits.
Secretary, directed by Steven Shainberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Skipping Christmas by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hunter x Hunter OVA 1.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AdventureQuest or Beatmania IIDX 8th Style.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 2002!
Which were the important events of 11 January 2002 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 January
- Struan Sutherland: Australian pharmacologist, physician, epidemiologist, author, and professor, who development of an anti-venom for the Sydney Funnel web spider, he headed the Australian Venom Research Unit, Department of Phamacology at the University of Melbourne.
- Henri Verneuil: Turkish-French director producer and screenwriter (d. 2002).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Thru This
- Cheeky Girls - Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum)
- Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One
- Sophie Ellis Bextor - Murder On The Dancefloor
- Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman - Somethin' Stupid
- Backstreet Boys - Drowning
- Blue featuring Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Girls Aloud - Sound Of The Underground
- Stereophonics - Handbags And Gladrags
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 January 2002
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Louvieroise - Germinal : 1 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Lille - Lens : 0 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Bari - Modena : 1 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Gil Vicente - Guimaraes : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?