Monday 20 August 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roy Gardner .
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1945 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- A Roda Roda: Writer, dies at 73.
- Dodgers Tommy Brown, 17, is youngest player to hit a HR
- Robert Hamilton wins PGA golf tournament
- Russian troops occupy Harbin and Mukden
- Tommy Brown, Brooklyn Dodger becomes youngest HR hitter (17)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- On The Atcheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe - Tommy Tucker & His Orchestra
- Perry Como - (Did You Ever Get) That Feeling in the Moonlight
- Ella Fitzgerald & Delta Rhythm Boys - It's Only a Paper Moon
- Hoagy Carmichael - Hong Kong Blues