Wednesday November 11, 1970, Veteran's Day
US date format: 11/11/1970, UK date format: 11/11/1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 11, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lee Battersby and Jeff Ware.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
Flap, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Timeslip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 11, 1970?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- See more
- Baltimore Oriole Boog Powell wins AL MVP
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 11, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- R. Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- 100 Proof (Aged In Soul) - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Bread - It Don't Matter To Me
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- James Brown - Super Bad (Part 1 & Part 2)
- Wilson Pickett - Engine Number 9
- Johnnie Taylor - I Am Somebody Part II
- The Presidents - 5-10-15-20 (25-30 Years Of Love)
- Stevie Wonder - Heaven Help Us All
- Ann Peebles - Part Time Love
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tears Of A Clown
- Candi Staton - Stand By Your Man
- The Temptations - Ungena Za Ulimwengu (Unite The World)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next November 11If November 11, 1970 is your birthday you're 49 years, 10 months, 17 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 14 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on November 11, 1970?
On November 11, 1970 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is November 11, 1970?
On November 11, 1970 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on November 11, 1970?
On November 11, 1970 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on November 11, 1970?
On November 11, 1970 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on November 11, 1970?
On November 11, 1970 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on November 11, 1970?
On November 11, 1970 several famous people were born including, Lee Battersby, Lee Parkin Starsky, Jeff Ware.
What was the number one song in November 11, 1970?
The number one song in the week of November 11, 1970 was I'll Be There by Jackson 5 in US and Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort in UK.
What were the top hits on November 11, 1970?
The top hits on November 11, 1970 were I'll Be There by Jackson 5, We've Only Just Begun by Carpenters, Fire And Rain by James Taylor in US and Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort, Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix Experience, Patches by Clarence Carter in UK.