Wednesday 18 November 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Allen Watson and Toby Wright.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
When Moscow Laughs, directed by Boris Barnet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kleiner König Kalle Wirsch.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1970!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1970 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Allen Watson: Brooklyn, New York -- Pitcher (SF Giants).
- Toby Wright: Safety (St. Louis Rams).
- Elizabeth Anne Allen: American actress.
- Fabrizio Casalino: Italian singer and comedian, known for his parodies of famous songwriters (Carmen Consoli, Franco Battiato, Vasco Rossi, Fabio Concato, Jovanotti, Gigi D'Alessio, Conjure), playing on the paradoxes of their compositional styles.
- Ahmed Helmy: Movie Actor.
- Megyn Kelly: American television news anchor
- Mike Epps: American comedian
- Elizabeth Allen: American actress
- Johan Liiva: Swedish singer-songwriter (Arch Enemy Carnage NonExist and Hearse)
- Marina Watanabe: Japanese actress and singer
- Peta Wilson: Australian model and actress
- Hal Dickinson: singer (Modernaires), dies at age 56.
- Joe Frazier KOs Bob Foster in 2 for heavyweight boxing title
- Johnny Bench wins NL MVP
- Linus Pauling declares large doses of Vitamin C could ward off colds
- Netherlands and Albania form diplomatic relations
- Russia lands self propelled rover on Moon
- U.S. President Richard Nixon asks the U.S. Congress for $155 million USD in supplemental aid for the Cambodian government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- R. Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- 100 Proof (Aged In Soul) - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?