Monday 16 November 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Carthen and Matt Healy.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
When Moscow Laughs, directed by Boris Barnet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Secret Woman by Victoria Holt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kleiner König Kalle Wirsch.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1970!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1970 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Jason Carthen: WLAF linebacker (Rhein Fire).
- Matt Healy: Soap Opera Actor.
- Lilico : Swedish-Japanese singer and critic.
- Logan Mader: Canadian-American guitarist and producer (Machine Head and Soulfly).
- Martha Plimpton: American actress and singer.
- Kōshi Rikudō: Japanese illustrator
- The Lockheed L-1011 Tristar flies for the first time.
- Vietnam War: Lieutenant William Calley goes on trial for the My Lai massacre.
- Luna program: The Soviet Union lands ''Lunokhod 1'' on Mare Imbrium (Sea of Rains) on the Moon. This is the first roving remote-controlled robot to land on another world, and is released by the orbiting Luna 17 spacecraft.
- U.S. President Richard Nixon asks the U.S. Congress for US$155 million in supplemental aid for the Cambodian government (US$85 million is for military assistance to prevent the overthrow of the government of Premier Lon Nol by the Khmer Rouge and North Vietnam).
- The United Nations Security Council demands that no government recognize Rhodesia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- R. Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- 100 Proof (Aged In Soul) - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 November 1970
- St. Louis Cardinals - Dallas Cowboys : 38 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?