Monday November 16, 1970
US date format: 11/16/1970, UK date format: 16/11/1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 16, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Martha Plimpton and Todd Wall.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
Brewster McCloud, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while God Is An Englishman by R.F. Delderfield was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Timeslip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 16, 1970?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- See more
- The Lockheed L-1011 Tristar flies for the first time.
- Vietnam War: Lieutenant William Calley goes on trial for the My Lai massacre.
- Luna program: The Soviet Union lands ''Lunokhod 1'' on Mare Imbrium (Sea of Rains) on the Moon. This is the first roving remote-controlled robot to land on another world, and is released by the orbiting Luna 17 spacecraft.
- U.S. President Richard Nixon asks the U.S. Congress for US$155 million in supplemental aid for the Cambodian government (US$85 million is for military assistance to prevent the overthrow of the government of Premier Lon Nol by the Khmer Rouge and North Vietnam).
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 16, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- R. Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- 100 Proof (Aged In Soul) - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - Super Bad (Part 1 & Part 2)
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Stevie Wonder - Heaven Help Us All
- Johnnie Taylor - I Am Somebody Part II
- Wilson Pickett - Engine Number 9
- The Presidents - 5-10-15-20 (25-30 Years Of Love)
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - The Tears Of A Clown
- Ann Peebles - Part Time Love
- Candi Staton - Stand By Your Man
- The Temptations - Ungena Za Ulimwengu (Unite The World)
Sport Games on November 16, 1970
- St. Louis Cardinals - Dallas Cowboys : 38 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next November 16If November 16, 1970 is your birthday you're 49 years, 10 months, 12 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 19 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on November 16, 1970?
On November 16, 1970 the day of the week was Monday.
What zodiac sign is November 16, 1970?
On November 16, 1970 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on November 16, 1970?
On November 16, 1970 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on November 16, 1970?
On November 16, 1970 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on November 16, 1970?
On November 16, 1970 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on November 16, 1970?
On November 16, 1970 several famous people were born including, Martha Plimpton, Todd Wall, Logan Mader.
What was the number one song in November 16, 1970?
The number one song in the week of November 16, 1970 was I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family in US and Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort in UK.
What were the top hits on November 16, 1970?
The top hits on November 16, 1970 were I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family, We've Only Just Begun by Carpenters, I'll Be There by Jackson 5 in US and Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort, Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix Experience, Patches by Clarence Carter in UK.