Thursday 11 November 2010, Veteran's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We R Who We R by Ke$ha.
Paradox, directed by Brenton Spencer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cannon Cadets or Cladun: This is an RPG.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 November 2010 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 November
- November 12 ampndash The G-20 summit is held in Seoul, South Korea. Korea becomes the first non-G8 nation to host a G-20 leaders summit.
- Somali pirates seize a Panamanian-flagged chemical tanker almost from the Horn of Africa. (EU NAVFOR)
- Sudanese government forces clash with Arab fighters in the country's Darfur region, according to the U.N. and rebel sources the Sudanese army denies any fighting took place (Reuters Africa)
- An ongoing clean-up operation conducted by the Afghan and NATO-led forces kills four Taliban militants in Afghanistan's Logar Province, 60 km south of capital city Kabul. (People Daily)
- At least 18 people are killed and 100 are injured by a Pakistan Taliban car bomb at Karachi's Criminal Investigation Department, a rare attack on government security forces there. The building collapsed, trapping people beneath the rubble. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- International media are giving the impression that all of Mexico is awash with drug violence while ignoring other matters concerning the country, according to Mexico's ambassador to the United States at the American think tank Council on Foreign Relations. (BBC)
- At least 11 deaths result from violence in Dagestan, North Caucasus. (Al Jazeera)
- An Israeli settler attacked a Palestinian family, injuring two children and one old woman, the attack happened in the Tuqu village of Bethlehem. (Al Jazeera)
- Following the detonation of explosive devices near the Gaza border, Israel Air Force helicopters targeted an area near the city of Khan Yunis, causing damage to houses and injuring a number militants suspected of involvement in the attack. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Medical records searched through by University of Manchester professor Stephen Parker suggest the playwright Bertolt Brecht may have died after contracting undiagnosed rheumatic fever as a child. (BBC)
- Record rains cause flooding in Sri Lanka leaving 36,000 families in the western provinces homeless and leaving the Parliament of Sri Lanka in Colombo under four feet of water. (CNN)
- Cholera in Haiti has now caused at least 724 deaths. (Al Jazeera)
- A Panama registered cargo ship sinks off Japan's southern islands. Only 5 out a total 25 crew have been accounted for, with 1 body found. (AFP via Google)
- Severe gales batter large parts of England, Northern Ireland and Wales with some bridges being closed. (BBC)
- Stormy conditions also spread across Ireland. (''The Irish Times'')
- The crippled Carnival Cruise liner ''Carnival Splendor'' is towed to port in San Diego, California. (''The New York Times'')
- The Delegation of Statistics Canada on Environment Statistics Project visited NBS. (stats.gov.cn)
- The Palestinian Authority arrests Walid Husayin for heresy, a charge carrying a potential life prison sentence, after he claims to be God and insults the Prophet Muhammad on Facebook and his blog. (Canadian Press via Google News)
- A Christian woman, Aasia Bibi, is sentenced to death for blasphemy by a court in Lahore, Pakistan. (''National Post'')
- The High Court of Australia finds that Australia's offshore processing of asylum seekers denies procedural fairness. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in November 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Holding You Down (Goin In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- All I Want Is You - Miguel Featuring J. Cole
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- El Malo - Aventura
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Despite the company’s strong performance, shares fell close to 10 percent in after-hours trading after the earnings release. [..]
The Group of 20 may constrain plans to impose higher standards on the world's largest banks, possibly weakening measures to prevent problems at one institution from spreading across borders. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.54
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $90.82
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $75.87
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $43.79
- 1 CHF = 6.797 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6032 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9715 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.619 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?