Thursday 11 November 1976, Veteran's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jesse F Keeler and Lisa Gleave.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK If You Leave Me Now by Chicago was in the top 5 hits.
The Twelve Tasks of Asterix, directed by Ren Goscinny, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Outsiders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Outlaw or Outlaw.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1976 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Jesse F Keeler: Canadian musician.
- Lisa Gleave: Australian-American model and actress.
- Jason Grilli: American baseball player.
- Jesse Keeler: Canadian bass player (Death from Above 1979 and MSTRKRFT).
- Alexander Calder: American sculptor and educator (d. 1945).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 November 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?