Monday 1 November 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Chapman and Sergei Artyukhin.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Rock'n Me by Steve Miller Band.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Carrie, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Blood And Money by Thomas Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Star Gazers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Stunt Cycle or Breakout.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1976 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Matt Chapman: American cartoonist and voice actor.
- Sergei Artyukhin: Russian-Belarusian wrestler (d. 2012).
- Logan Marshall-Green: American actor.
- Oscar Beregi Jr: Actor (Young Frankenstein, Panic in City), dies at 58.
- Britain gives Gilbert Island (Kiribati) self rule
- W German Gens Krupinski / Franke admit to being Nazis
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Heart - Magic Man
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 November 1976
- Houston Oilers - Baltimore Colts : 14 - 38
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?