Thursday 24 July 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janine Charrat and Glenn Loren Glasow.
The Runaway, directed by Nick DeRuve, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1924 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Janine Charrat: French ballet dancer, choreographer and director.
- Glenn Loren Glasow: Composer.
- Lord Digby: Lord-lt for Dorset.
- David Loram: British Vice-Admiral (Supreme Allied Commander).
- Wilfred Josephs: English composer (d. 1997).
- Aris Poulianos: Greek anthropologist and archaeologist.
- Paul Pellas: French scientist specializing in the study of meteorites, who died on 11 May 1997.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Had to Be You - Marion Harris
- Deep in My Heart - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Lazy - Blossom Seeley
- Monavanna - Paul Specht & His Orchestra