Thursday 24 July 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janine Charrat and David Loram.
Manhandled, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1924 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Janine Charrat: French ballet dancer, choreographer and director.
- David Loram: British Vice-Admiral (Supreme Allied Commander).
- Glenn Loren Glasow: Composer.
- Lord Digby: Lord-lt for Dorset.
- Paul Pellas: French scientist specializing in the study of meteorites, who died on 11 May 1997.
- Wilfred Josephs: English composer (d. 1997).
- Aris Poulianos: Greek anthropologist and archaeologist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Virginia (Don't Go Too Far) - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- It Had to be You - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Oh Susanna - Wendell Hall & Shannon Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?