Monday 11 October 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brent Bennett and Emily Deschanel.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Disco Duck (Part 1) by Rick Dees.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Car Wash, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while The Right And The Power by Leon Jaworski was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candy Candy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Stunt Cycle or Indy 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1976 ?
- Brent Bennett: American mercenary.
- Emily Deschanel: American actress on television and film, she is the daughter of a cinematographer and an actress.
- Sal Khan: Entrepreneur.
- Baby Rasta: Reggae Singer.
- Dominic Aitchison: Scottish bass player and songwriter (Mogwai and Crippled Black Phoenix).
- Gökhan Özoğuz: Turkish singer and guitarist (Athena)
- 10th Country Music Association Award: Mel Tillis wins
- George Washington's appointment, posthumously, to the grade of General of the Armies of the United States by congressional joint resolution Public Law 94-479 is approved by President Gerald R. Ford.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Orleans - Still The One
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 October 1976
- San Francisco 49ers - Los Angeles Rams : 16 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?