Wednesday 19 April 1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James A Mollinson and Tommy Benford.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1905!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1905 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- James A Mollinson
- John S "Jimmy" Thach: US pilot / Admiral (WWII).
- Tommy Benford: jazz drummer.
- James Mollison: Scottish pilot and famous aviator who set a new record for the Australia-England flight in August 1931.
- Russell Tingley: American professional astrologer.
- 9th Boston Marathon won by Fred Lorz of New York in 2:38:25.4.