Wednesday 19 April 1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James A Mollinson and Tommy Benford.
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1905!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1905 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- James A Mollinson
- John S "Jimmy" Thach: US pilot / Admiral (WWII).
- Tommy Benford: jazz drummer.
- James Mollison: Scottish pilot and famous aviator who set a new record for the Australia-England flight in August 1931.
- Russell Tingley: American professional astrologer.
- 9th Boston Marathon won by Fred Lorz of New York in 2:38:25.4.