Wednesday 19 April 1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John S "Jimmy" Thach and Tommy Benford.
while The Garden of Allah by Robert Hichens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1905!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1905 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- John S "Jimmy" Thach: US pilot / Admiral (WWII).
- Tommy Benford: jazz drummer.
- James Mollison: Scottish pilot and famous aviator who set a new record for the Australia-England flight in August 1931.
- Russell Tingley: American professional astrologer.
- 9th Boston Marathon won by Fred Lorz of New York in 2:38:25.4.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1905 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It Makes Me Think of Home, Sweet Home - Byron G. Harlan
- When I'm Away from You, Dear - Richard Jose
- The Day That You Grew Colder - Richard Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?