Tuesday 12 April 1988
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jessie James and Annabelle Stephenson.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car by Billy Ocean.
In UK Heart by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Above the Law, directed by Andrew Davis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while King Of The Murgos by David Eddings was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching City Hunter 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fish! or Hard Head.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1988!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 April 1988 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Jessie James
- Annabelle Stephenson
- April Pengilly: Model.
- Jessie Decker: Country Singer.
- Ricardo Álvarez: Argentinian footballer.
- Devils 4-2 over Islanders-Devils lead 3-2 in 1st round
- Sonny Bono elected Mayor of Palm Springs, California
- Former pop singer Sonny Bono is elected mayor of Palm Springs, California.
- Harvard University patents genetically engineered mouse (first for animal life).
- Frank Robinson replaces Cal Ripkin as manager of the Baltimore Orioles.
- In the Geneva Accords, the Soviet Union commits itself to withdrawal of its forces from Afghanistan.
- The USS ''Samuel B. Roberts'' (FFG-58) strikes a naval mine in the Persian Gulf, while deployed on Operation Earnest Will, during the Tanker War phase of the Iran–Iraq War.
- Israeli commandos kill the PLO's Abu Jihad in Tunisia.
- In Forlì, Italy, the brigate rosse kill Senator Roberto Ruffilli, an advisor of Prime Minister Ciriaco de Mita.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car
- INXS - Devil Inside
- Whitney Houston - Where Do Broken Hearts Go
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well
- Pebbles - Girlfriend
- The Jets - Rocket 2 U
- Aerosmith - Angel
- Tiffany - I Saw Him Standing There
- Jody Watley - Some Kind Of Lover
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?