Thursday 28 April 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juan Manuel Mata and Juan Mata.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Where Do Broken Hearts Go by Whitney Houston.
In UK Heart by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Wings of Desire, directed by Wim Wenders, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Hot Money by Dick Francis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching City Hunter 2.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carrier Command or ATF (Advanced Tactical Fighter).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1988!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1988 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Juan Manuel Mata: Spanish footballer.
- Juan Mata: Soccer Player.
- Jonathan Biabiany: French footballer.
- Katariina Tuohimaa: Finnish tennis player.
- B W Stevenson: American country singer (Born 1949).
- Chess opens at Imperial Theater NYC for 68 performances
- New Jersey Devils set all time playoff mark for penalty minutes.
- Aloha Airlines Boeing 737 Flight 243 roof partially tears off in flight; kills stewardess.
- Baltimore Orioles lose American League record 21 games in a row.
- Aloha Flight 243 loses several yards of its upper fuselage while in flight, killing 1 person.
- World Expo '88 opens in Brisbane Queensland, Australia.
- Celine Dion wins the Eurovision Song Contest for Switzerland with the song ampquotNe partez pas sans moiampquot.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - Where Do Broken Hearts Go
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well
- Aerosmith - Angel
- INXS - Devil Inside
- Gloria Estefan - Anything For You
- Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car
- Natalie Cole - Pink Cadillac
- Taylor Dayne - Prove Your Love
- Tiffany - I Saw Him Standing There
- Pebbles - Girlfriend
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?