Thursday 12 March 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 12, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
City Island, directed by Raymond De Felitta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Obama by Jill Abramson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Diplomatic Immunity.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Axel & Pixel or Bad Rats: The Rats' Revenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 March 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 12 March 2009 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 March
- Swiss drugmaking company Roche Holding announces it will acquire the remaining 44 percent of American biotechnology company Genentech stock for US$46.8 billion.
- Bernard Madoff, former Nasdaq stock market chairman, pleads guilty to eleven charges of running a US$171 billion worldwide Ponzi scheme, the biggest investment fraud in Wall Street history.
- China's retail sales have increased 15.2% in 2009. (Xinhua News)
- Iraqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zaidi is sentenced to three years in prison for throwing shoes at then-United States President George W. Bush. (AP)
- National Semiconductor will cut 1,725 jobs. (ZDNet)
- Pope Benedict XVI acknowledges mistakes in rescinding Bishop Richard Williamson's excommunication for Holocaust denial. (''Washington Post'')
- Zimbabwe releases Deputy Agriculture Minister-designate Roy Bennett from government custody. (BBC)
- Astronauts aboard the International Space Station briefly evacuate to a Russian escape pod as space debris passes. (''National Geographic'')
- One person is killed and 16 are missing after Cougar Helicopters Flight 491 ditches into the Atlantic Ocean near St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. (CBC)
- An American drone aircraft's missiles kill at least 12 people in Pakistan's Kurram Valley. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Diva - Beyonce
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- Ne-Yo - Mad
- Beep - Bobby V Featuring Yung Joc
- Ain't I - Yung L.A. Featuring Young Dro & T.I.
- Kiss Me Thru The Phone - Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
- You Complete Me - Keyshia Cole
Top #10 Latin songs
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Me Estas Tentando - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Nesty
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Maldito Licor - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Tu No Eres Para Mi - Fanny Lu
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The new feature could take revenue from telephone companies, eBay and a string of technology start-up firms. [..]
Nations like Switzerland and Luxembourg, long considered tax havens, are coming under increasing pressure by European officials to divulge more information on potential tax evaders. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.01
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $36.41
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $40.50
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $28.50
- 1 CHF = 5.7666 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.3505 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9281 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.4892 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?