What Happened on March 13, 2009US date format: 3/13/2009, UK date format: 13/3/2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 13, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
City Island, directed by Raymond De Felitta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Obama by Jill Abramson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Diplomatic Immunity.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blue Defense! or Bit Boy!!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 March 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 March 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 March
- A gas explosion in Dublin, Ireland, injures five people. (RTÉ)
- The United States abandons the term ampquotenemy combatantampquot for detainees at Guantánamo Bay Naval Base's detention camp. (''New York Times'')
- Italy's Ministry of Foreign Affairs reports that three Doctors Without Borders volunteers kidnapped in Darfur, Sudan, have been freed. (AP via Google News)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Navanethem Pillay accuses Sri Lanka's Armed Forces and the Tamil Tigers of possible war crimes. (Voice of America)
- Police are mobilized in Pakistan as thousands of protestors march toward Islamabad. (ABC News Australia)
- An American demonstrator from the International Solidarity Movement is critically wounded by Israel's Defense Forces at the West Bank barrier. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Japan announces it will intercept North Korea's upcoming satellite launch if the boosters threaten its territory. (The Guardian)
- Premier Wen Jiabao says China may introduce a new stimulus package if the current financial crisis intensifies and expresses concern for U.S. Treasury Department securities. (''New York Times'')
- Seven people arrested for threatening to destroy several buildings in Amsterdam are released. (Sky News)
- A fire at Bashundhara City in Dhaka, Bangladesh, kills seven people and injures at least 30 others. (Reuters)
Sport Games on 13 March 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mechelen - Anderlecht : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Wolfsburg - Schalke 04 : 4 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Koblenz : 2 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Frankfurt FSV : 1 - 1
- Nurnberg - Ahlen : 4 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Montpellier : 1 - 0
- Brest - Tours : 0 - 1
- Chateauroux - Boulogne : 1 - 0
- Clermont - Guingamp : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Diva - Beyonce
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- Ne-Yo - Mad
- Beep - Bobby V Featuring Yung Joc
- Ain't I - Yung L.A. Featuring Young Dro & T.I.
- Kiss Me Thru The Phone - Soulja Boy Tell 'em Featuring Sammie
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
- You Complete Me - Keyshia Cole
Top #10 Latin songs
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Me Estas Tentando - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Nesty
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Maldito Licor - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Tu No Eres Para Mi - Fanny Lu
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
In Charlotte, N.C., where Bank of America casts a long shadow, there is concern about the bank’s leadership. [..]
The clothing company’s shares have fallen on concern that it might miss debt payments due soon. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.58
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $37.51
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $41.46
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $29.51
- 1 CHF = 5.7695 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.377 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9314 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.501 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?