Friday 13 March 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
I Love You, Man, directed by John Hamburg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Heart And Soul by Maeve Binchy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hushove.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes or Chopper.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 March 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 March
- A gas explosion in Dublin, Ireland, injures five people. (RTÉ)
- The United States abandons the term ampquotenemy combatantampquot for detainees at Guantánamo Bay Naval Base's detention camp. (''New York Times'')
- Italy's Ministry of Foreign Affairs reports that three Doctors Without Borders volunteers kidnapped in Darfur, Sudan, have been freed. (AP via Google News)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Navanethem Pillay accuses Sri Lanka's Armed Forces and the Tamil Tigers of possible war crimes. (Voice of America)
- Police are mobilized in Pakistan as thousands of protestors march toward Islamabad. (ABC News Australia)
- An American demonstrator from the International Solidarity Movement is critically wounded by Israel's Defense Forces at the West Bank barrier. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Japan announces it will intercept North Korea's upcoming satellite launch if the boosters threaten its territory. (The Guardian)
- Premier Wen Jiabao says China may introduce a new stimulus package if the current financial crisis intensifies and expresses concern for U.S. Treasury Department securities. (''New York Times'')
- Seven people arrested for threatening to destroy several buildings in Amsterdam are released. (Sky News)
- A fire at Bashundhara City in Dhaka, Bangladesh, kills seven people and injures at least 30 others. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 March 2009
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mechelen - Anderlecht : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Wolfsburg - Schalke 04 : 4 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Kaiserslautern - Koblenz : 2 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Frankfurt FSV : 1 - 1
- Nurnberg - Ahlen : 4 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Montpellier : 1 - 0
- Brest - Tours : 0 - 1
- Chateauroux - Boulogne : 1 - 0
- Clermont - Guingamp : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?