Monday 2 March 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 2, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
The Perfect Game, directed by William Dear, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Diplomatic Immunity.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Bigs 2 or Creeper World.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 March 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 2 March 2009 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 March
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes below 7,000 for the first time since May 1997, dropping 299.64 points, or 4.24 percent, to 6,763.29.
- The Standard & Poor's 500 stock market index drops below 700 for the first time since October 1996.
- American International Group reports a US company record US$61.7 billion quarterly loss, equivalent to US$27.9 million per hour. The US government promises another US$30 billion of new capital, following 2008's commitment for $150 billion in aid.
- United States President Barack Obama nominates Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius as Secretary of Health and Human Services. (AP via MSNBC)
- Late 2000s recession:
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average falls below 7,000 for the first time since 1997. (MarketWatch)
- Sweden's IF Metall trade union agrees to reductions in wages and working time by maximums of 20 percent. (IHT)
- A winter storm in the eastern United States cancels 1,000 flights and cuts hundreds of thousands of people's electricity. (Reuters via News Daily)
- Palestinians accuse Israel of planning ethnic cleansing in Bustan, East Jerusalem. (Sky News)
- North Korea's and the United Nations' military commands meet in South Korea for the first time since 2002. (Reuters)
- Two thousand Tamil people have been killed and 5,000 injured in Vanni District during Sri Lanka's civil war. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 March 2009
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Duisburg : 1 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Lens - Troyes : 1 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Histon - Cambridge : 1 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Oldham - Leeds : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Turnin Me On - Keri Hilson Featuring Lil Wayne
- Diva - Beyonce
- Rockin' That Thang - The-Dream
- She Got Her Own - Ne-Yo Featuring Jamie Foxx & Fabolous
- Ne-Yo - Mad
- Beep - Bobby V Featuring Yung Joc
- Kanye West - Heartless
- Ain't I - Yung L.A. Featuring Young Dro & T.I.
- Just Like Me - Jamie Foxx Featuring T.I.
Top #10 Latin songs
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Espero - Grupo Montez de Durango
- El Ultimo Beso - Vicente Fernandez
- No Me Doy Por Vencido - Luis Fonsi
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
- Cinco Minutos - Gloria Trevi
- Te Regalo Amores - RKM & Ken-Y
- Lloro Por Ti - Enrique Iglesias
- Maldito Licor - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Me Estas Tentando - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Nesty
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The group would be modeled on the European Union but analysts say some governments may not make the kinds of sovereignty concessions needed. [..]
Salaries for some senior bankers were said to rise to $429,000 from $172,000, still less than before the cuts. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.02
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $36.83
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $40.02
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $28.75
- 1 CHF = 5.8214 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.2986 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.908 CHF
- 1 AUD = 4.3164 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?